Monday, March 4, 2013

Vintage Funk

I'm a fan of Emily Henderson's style. Her blog is always filled with interesting vintage finds that look amazing after they've been styled or sprayed with a fresh coat of paint. It's those unique pieces that really make a home but where to find them? Emily finds these things for what seems like pennies and I've never been able to – until now.


Enter Vintage Funk. My sister-in-law told me about this place that happens to be minutes from my parents' house. So many great things there. Some are ready for the home as is. Other items could use a some love (and paint). So let's play a little game. What would you do with these items?


First off is this Jenny Lind inspired headboard/footboard set. With a little wood filler and raspberry spray paint, it would look an awful lot like this Land of Nod bed, don't you think? Possibly even better.


This frame reminds me of one I bought at a House Sale a few years ago. It's one of those really old, really heavy mirrors that makes a statement when painted a fun color.


I painted mine chartreuse for a pop of color in my entryway.


Wheels would be a fun addition to a wall. A whole collection would be amazing either in an organized pattern or in a random bunch scaling a large wall. 


I bought a metal box like this last year at Habitat for Humanity's Restore. I thought it would look great painted orange and put in my son's room.


I have a few ideas for this frame. Spraypaint for starters and then it could become a few things – add cork behind for an instant corkboard or maybe some fabric and a little batting for a cushioned pinboard.



A basic mirror, but at $30, this is cheaper than most decorative mirrors you'll find.


And then there is this. Perhaps it's my most favorite find. A pair of these chairs.


The owner was asking $28 or $40 per chair. I don't remember which but honestly, it didn't matter. An amazing price. I would spraypaint the frame white and reupholster the cushions in a solid color like a rich, dark blue. Then decorate with a patterned throw pillow and put in a living room, facing the couch.

So what do you think? What's your favorite find and what would you do with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...