Shower curtain and pillow from Urban Outfitters; Sarah's House; "i kern for you" print by Pressed55
Hi. We are Mindy and Jillian. Our friend, Becca, introduced us and we instantly bonded over a shared love of Domino magazine, Ikea and the little things that make a house a home.
Have you ever taken a moment and thought about the things that make you happy? We used to love reading the "10 Things That Make Me Happy" page in Domino magazine each month. Here is our happy list:
1. looking for unique finds and inspiration at Home Goods, Ikea, and Anthropologie
2. painting and repurposing old furniture
3. the colors poppy & aqua, and new favorite, yellow
5. Sarah's House on HGTV
6. Domino magazine (yes, we've mentioned it a few times already, but it was just so good)
7. pink peonies
8. polka dots
9. sparkly bits
10. having a friend to talk about it with
And that (particularly #10) is what inspired this blog. We've been writing emails back and forth to each other for months about decorating ideas, furniture we've painted, ideas for things we're going to do right now, and the inspirational images of things we want to do in the future. We believe a home should be a happy place and that's what we are setting out to do. We like the idea of documenting all of those ideas here in one space... and being able to share it with you.
So join us. Read along and send us a comment. We are excited to begin and can't wait to hear what you think, too!
Mindy and Jillian