Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Beautiful Home

Jillian's posts on DIY abstract art (seen here and here) have really inspired me, and I especially love the idea on a larger scale. I stumbled upon this photo in Elle Decor Espana while researching examples to inspire my own project. I soon dropped all thoughts of creating my own art after becoming captivated by this London home.


Just take a look at images from the rest of this space, owned by Christine d'Ornano and her husband, Marzouk Al-Bader. The pops of color here are great. I suddenly crave a yellow chair!


This is such a great shot. Do you see that door? It's upholstered! (Jenny from Little Green Notebook actually posted about the door here). 


This is the floor of my dreams. The black and white tile was restored by the homeowners.


More upholstery! The walls, headboard, and bed frame are covered in fabric by Osborne & Little. The mirror over the bed is a great scale for the room and makes this space sparkle. How cute is the little Jonathan Adler "hugs" accent pillow on the bed? 


And I am head-over-heals for this dining/kitchen area. This is the perfect combination of vintage, industrial, and rustic with a splash of color. Love the pendant lights!


So pretty. Paired with gorgeous furniture and accessories, the unframed photos on the wall in the room below add a nice dose of casual humor. 


I hope you enjoy this home as much as I do! For more photos and some great detail shots, click here for the tour. Or, check out photographer Philip Sinden's portfolio for the original magazine article.

*****

all images by Philip Sinden via Elle Decor Espana

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...