Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Gold...and Black?

My love for all things silverware continues!

I have been seeing gold flatware over the past few months and I'm really liking this trend. My favorite is this gorgeous set from the Portuguese company Almoco Flatware.


Isn't this place setting so pretty?


Without a doubt.

But what do you think about this same set in a matte black finish?


Definitely a bit edgy! I also don't know quite how I feel about it yet.  It does look striking in the beautifully-styled photo below.


But, could I actually eat with this flatware? Hmmm...

Maybe if I see this look in more ads, blogs, and photos with food, I'll consider giving it a try. (Have you noticed that the more you are exposed to something, the more you tend to like it?) Maybe this will become my favorite design trend of 2012. Who knows?

What do you think...Gold? Black? Or both?

*****

all images via Design Within Reach

1 comment:

  1. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work. everyday flatware

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...