Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Marimekko Wallpaper - a follow up

Two weeks ago, I posted about discovering Marimekko wallpaper.  I thought it was a fine post until my mother called to tell me that I already knew about Marimekko wallpaper since I had it in my bedroom when I was a little girl.  Whoops!  How could I have forgotten?  I quickly went to the old family photo albums and found some images.  Check it out --

This was my first night in a big girl's bed...

...and this is how my parents found me later that night.

Wallpapered walls and drawer fronts paired with contrasting bedding is a lot of pattern for sure, but it certainly was a happy little room.

Clearly this room (and my mom) have shaped my aesthetic.  To this day, I'm still drawn to colorful, graphic and fun patterns.  Marimekko's great patterns will always have a special place in my heart.  Just like my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...