Monday, July 15, 2013

Making a Cork Board

A while back, I posted about Leslie's office and mentioned the cork board I made for it.


It was an easy (and inexpensive) project. I started with this frame from Vintage Funk. It cost $8 and didn't even have the glass in it so it was perfect for what I had in mind.


I wanted the cork board to relate to the rest of the office area so I sprayed it red to match.



And gathered my materials



Then I cut the cork to fit in the frame and wrapped it with coordinating paper to the faux bois paper that covered the cork board in the office.



Once in the frame, I put a piece of foam core the same size as the cork board behind it, set it inside the frame and taped it all in place.


And there you go – a custom cork board that coordinates with the space. An area that once looked like this


Now looks like this



*****

all photos by The Pink Chalkboard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...