Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Inspired by...Dressing a Headboard

There are so many options of pretty headboards out there these days. I've written before about some favorite headboard ideas but lately the idea of a headboard that can easily be changed whenever the mood strikes really interests me.

The simplest way to do that? Take a rectangular headboard like this


and lay a large scarf or thin blanket on top of it. This scarf display at J.Crew made me think of it.


How would I put it together?

I'd place the navy/pink scarf over a headboard and add a pink polka dot sheet set with a white duvet on top. Throw pillows in a navy/white pattern and a bright pink bolster in front.


Maybe I still have the 4th of July on the brain, but wouldn't a red, white and blue bed be kind of cute and summery? Using this scarf, I would add blue and white patterned sheets with a white duvet and fold a red blanket at the foot of the bed.


And then there is this mint green and navy stripe scarf. Definitely more subtle than the other scarves but still a great way to jump on the mint green color trend that seems to be everywhere this summer. I would do white sheets with this one and a navy duvet and then accent it all with lots of patterned mint green and white pillows.


So many scarves. So many possibilities!

*****

West Elm headboard
Scarves by J.Crew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...