Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Set of ABC's Scandal

I am a huge fan of ABC's political thriller, Scandal. Created by Shonda Rhimes (Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice), this drama has it all—love, intrigue, emotion, incredibly powerful characters, and a beautiful set design. 


Olivia Pope (the main character played by Kerry Washington) is a "fixer." She owns a crisis management firm in Washington, DC. and each week, Olivia and her team of "gladiators in suits," come to the rescue of someone in the midst of a scandal. There is also a lot of political intrigue and some steamy love scenes that make this show really entertaining. 

Scandal is also home to an amazing set design that I have been swooning over since I caught the first episode last year. I thought I would share some images of two of my favorite spaces with you today.

Olivia Pope's office space is first. It is large, very old and detailed with lots of wood, glass windows, and interesting light fixtures. It is such a great backdrop for all of the drama that ensues here.






Here is a closeup of the elevator doors just outside the office space. Just look at this detail and that glossy black paint. Love!


Contrasting the dark, very dramatic office space is Olivia Pope's apartment. This space is equally stunning—just very light and feminine. Somehow the set designers have created the perfect mix of comfort and elegance. I love all of the details in this space. See for yourself!














And last but not least, I would not be able to do a post about this show without mentioning the amazing wardrobe styling, too. If I'm not obsessing over some detail on the set, then I am certainly crushing on Olivia's wardrobe. This outfit makes me want to wear elbow-length gloves.


(To those of you who know me, don't be surprised if I am sporting a pair next winter!).

So beautiful...


You can see Scandal on Thursday nights at 10 PM (EST) on ABC. Hurry though, season two is almost over!

*****

images via Scandal
first two apartment images via People Magazine and ABC
Olivia's outfit images via The Fashion Spot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...