Monday, May 13, 2013

Planting a Rainbow


Have you ever read Lois Ehlert's book, Planting a Rainbow? It's a children's book with the most beautiful cut-paper illustrations. It starts like this:

"Every year, Mom and I plant a rainbow. In the fall, we buy bulbs and plant them in the ground. Then we wait all winter long for spring to warm the soil and sprout the bulbs."

Well, every Mother's Day, my mom and I plant our own rainbow, but usually it's mostly pink and green. Yesterday was planting day...



and today is a happy day. I love seeing the flowers daily while sitting on the porch or even just through the window while going up and down the stairs.



By the way, does the dresser look familiar? Remember when had it decorated for fall and winter (here and here)? This set up is much more pink, green and vibrant. Definitely my favorite so far!

*****

photos by The Pink Chalkboard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...