Tuesday, April 9, 2013

New Bedding

For a long time now, I've been thinking about redoing the bedding in my bedroom. I always find beds to be the most difficult to style – pillows are slouchy, sheets get wrinkly, duvets look messy, and the end result looks nothing like I see in magazines. It's frustrating.

But I'm determined. I read once that stylists solve the slouchy pillow issue by putting duct tape in long strips around the edges of shams. So that's one question answered but do you want duct tape on your pillows? I don't.

I recently saw this bedroom on Emily Henderson's blog and fell in love. It is my perfect bedroom. Clean and crisp bedding, somewhat masculine but the accent pillow and floral drapes add plenty of feminine touches. And look at the bed – not a wrinkle in sight since there is a coverlet spread across most of the duvet.


I'm planning on recreating it in my gray/yellow color palette. This is what I'm thinking:

This stripe bedding from West Elm,


with a white duvet covered with this gray coverlet


and then 2 yellow/white pillows (I found one at Home Goods and now I'm looking for the second)


with a gray lumbar pillow in front.


What do you think? I just started ordering everything. I'll post photos when they all come in. I can't wait to see how it will all come together!

1 comment:

  1. Discover a range of adorable new or used baby crib bedding sets on eBay. Find discount nursery bedding or precious baby themes to suit any nursery.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...