Thursday, April 18, 2013

Make Your Own Light Fixture

I'm a big fan of light fixtures. There are so many pretty options out there. Every now and then I find a lamp shade or something unique that I think would make a nice pendant but I always get stumped on how to actually make one. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard but I just never knew how.

Until now. Shades of Light now sells a shade pendant hardware kit so it's easy to add your own lamp shade. Yay! Problem solved.

Haven't found a lamp shade yet that speaks to you? Target has some good ones (like this and this) or you can buy one of these beauties from the Shades of Light catalog.


A graphic chevron works in any room. The yellow would look amazing in a room with navy or peacock walls. It's available in a wide range of colors, though, so it could fit within any color palette.


Loving this gray/yellow palette. It would match my bedroom perfectly!


Two or three of these would look nice over a kitchen island, adding a little rustic charm to the space.


And then there is this gorgeous ikat. Such rich colors. I think this one is my favorite.

How about you? Which is your favorite?

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...