Monday, April 1, 2013

Built-in Bookcase

I was looking at my iPhoto library recently and it dawned on me that there are a few projects I've done in the house that I never posted about. One of them is the built-in in my dining room.

Here is a photo of the space when we first moved in. (Notice Aunt Rose's chairs before they were reupholstered.)


It's a little hard to see from this photo but the all white built-in just looked flat. It was a nice detail of the house that just needed a little oomph. A fun, punchy fabric would be perfect and I quickly found a great one. Remember this floral that inspired my dining room?


Well, it came with a companion fabric – same color palette, but different pattern that was designed to be used together.


With Aunt Rose's chairs reupholstered in gray and trimmed with the floral pattern, the built-in was a perfect place to bring in the paisley.

I was looking for an easy way to hang it up and didn't want to deal with frayed fabric edges so I cut out a piece of bristol board to fit in the space and simply wrapped the fabric around it and taped it down. When it came to hanging, clear pushpins did the trick.


Then I styled a few products and that was it. Considered, designed and done.




Definitely one of the easiest ways to brighten up a built-in. And being that it's put up with pushpins, there's no commitment necessary!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...