Friday, February 22, 2013

Little Works of Art

Just wanted to share a little craft project that we did in my house recently. A few weeks ago, I found mini canvases at Michaels that I thought would be perfect for little artists. Valentine's Day was approaching and I was feeling inspired.

Of course, I forgot to take before photos of the blank canvases and supplies, but I did capture these Bob Ross brushes at Michaels. Check out that great logo! It made me smile.



Anyway, once home, my kids got to work on the canvases. We were going for a mixed medium, abstract art look so we used what we had on hand – paints, markers, crayons and glitter paint pens.



Because the paintings were going to be Valentine's Day gifts, I only took out reds, pinks and oranges.  The kids still chose what they wanted to do when, but the limited color palette helped to keep things looking bright and pretty.


Once everything dried, I glued a piece of ribbon to the back so the mini canvases could be easily hung.



Wrapped up in white tissue paper and with a heart on top, they were little gifts of abstract/homemade love.



Of course, I made sure there was an extra canvas so I could hang it on my gallery wall. Have you seen or done any easy art projects with kids lately? If so, please share!

*****

all images by The Pink Chalkboard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...