Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Lion Pulls

Do you remember my Chalkboard Project post about How To Paint Furniture?



The dresser was my Great Aunt's and originally came with lion pulls. I had forgotten to take before photos of the dresser so I never had any images to show of the pulls. Well, now I do. This is what they looked like.


Super dated, right? That's what I thought until I saw what the clever blogger behind Richmond Thrifter did with them.



Absolute genius. And in the exact color palette of my bedroom! Spraying them bright yellow completely modernized them.

I remember changing out the hardware last year and thinking to myself that those lion pulls would never come back in style. And yet a small part of me was intrigued by them so I held on to them just in case. Now I just have to find them...and then find that perfect piece to put them on.

*****

top two images:
photography by Sarah DiCicco
paper products by Lily My Love
styling by Lily My Love and The Pink Chalkboard

bottom images via Richmond Thrifter
lion pull from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...