Monday, September 24, 2012

Bedroom Drawings

Recently, my dad came across some drawings that he and I did when I was a kid. I have written before about my parents' bedroom in the '80's – yellow houndstooth wallpaper covered the walls and most of their drawers, too. Well, according to my dad, the rest of the bedroom looked like this:


and here is my version.


Finding these again got me thinking, wouldn't it be a fun family activity to have everyone draw the same thing and see how each person interprets it? My dad's drawing is pretty right on (the tv and that red painting looked exactly like they do in his drawing) but the drawing I did at 8 years old is a fun variation of that. Years later, I'm enjoying looking at them side by side and remembering that yellow houndstooth bedroom (and old-school tv!) that is long gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...