Friday, September 23, 2011

Clover Market

Clover Market is a wonderful outdoor vintage market located just west of Philadelphia in Ardmore, PA. It started a couple of years ago and there a few sale dates each Spring and Fall. The vendors are all carefully curated so that their vintage and hand-made pieces (which include home accessories, furniture, jewelry, and clothing) really complement each other. 

There was just a sale this past Sunday and I have to say, it was the best Clover Market so far! There were more vendors than in past years and the shopaholic in me was so tempted! It was hard to limit myself to just a few purchases. Luckily there is another sale next month because I am regretting not buying a bunch of things that I spotted this past Sunday. What was I thinking?

One item that I did scoop up was this rotary telephone from one of my favorite vendors, Nannygoat Antiques. The phone is a really great piece--nice, heavy, and authentic. It reminds me of the telephone that my grandparents had in their house when I was little. (Yes, I remember spending the night with them and rotating the dial to call my parents--it was all very exciting at age 4!). The rotary dial on this phone doesn't work anymore which is totally fine because I plan on DIY-ing this little beauty anyway...


Do you remember Jillian's post about her favorite accessories featured in this Fall's Boden catalog? One item that she featured really caught my attention and I've been dreaming about making something like it ever since. Here it is:


Pretty great, right? I adore those polka dots. So my plan is to find a cute pattern (these polka dots maybe, or this zig zag perhaps) and decoupage my vintage telephone. I'll be sure to post photos of my "after."

In the meantime, please be sure to check out Clover Market! The next sale is on Sunday, October 16th. You can find all about the Market here on their site and our blogger friend Susan from Fleurishing posted some great photos from Sunday here. (Hi Susan!)

Hope to see you in October at the next Clover Market!

*****

top image by The Pink Chalkboard
bottom image via Boden


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...