Friday, May 17, 2013

Material Culture

Ever see amazingly unique and authentic pieces of furniture and wonder where you can buy something like that without traveling to faraway lands? Have I got the place for you – Material Culture.



My friend, Maribeth, told me about this place and we went a few weeks ago. What a treasure trove for inspiration! The place is huge, filled with furniture, vases, rugs, sculptures and so much more. Prices can be high but every now and then you find something reasonable. Whether you go to shop or just to be inspired, Material Culture is a must-visit place.



Some highlights for me:

Consoles like this one were everywhere. Many were super long.


I found these wire chairs intriguing.


Among the more affordable items in the store were these wooden vases. Very cool and reminiscent of things you'd find in a store like West Elm but at about half the price (or more) than what you find anywhere else.


Pretty lights


Rugs



This armoire was beyond stunning. The photos don't do it justice. 



It also was $12,000. So like I said, it's a great place for inspiration. I mean, look at the lovely patterns here.


Apothecary-style furniture gets me every time.


As does a man like this. 


I like to think of myself as a fairly creative person but I just cannot imagine someone walking into this store and saying to themselves, now that guy is something I need in my home.

Big man aside, Material Culture is a great place to go to for fun and for the possibility of buying something if the price is right. Definitely a place to go back to. 

*****

all photos by The Pink Chalkboard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...