Thursday, April 4, 2013

Styling Moments from Pottery Barn

Have you seen Pottery Barn's April catalog?  It is full of great styling moments, and here are some of my favorites:

First up is this room, with two things I really like. 


I love the way these letters are featured sideways and upside down. It makes them look even more graphic and cool than they already are.


I also like that the stack of books, below, are covered in plain paper with handwritten titles on the spine, which makes them more graphic and less staged.


More letters again :) Take a look at the tiny detail on the right side of the page.


Here is a closeup. How cute is this bowl full of letters? You could totally recreate this look using PB's Bosphorous Bowls and these craft letters from Paper Source.


Here is a fun twist on the chalkboard concept for your kitchen.


What do you think about painting your peninsula or island with chalkboard paint?


Using binder clips and clipboards to display artwork is popular right now, and I really like how Pottery Barn's stylists hang clipboards above the window frame, way up high. It's a surprising detail.



Here is another example of displaying items up high, this time over a doorway.


I was really excited to see dominoes displayed like this. It's so cool and different! I recently bought a set of vintage white dominoes at Jillian's favorite store, Vintage Funk, and I've been looking for cool ways to display them. Believe it or not, there aren't many options, but this idea really has me thinking...


And finally, take a look under the bed. This is more practical than pretty, but I thought it was a really good idea and I'm definitely going to try this for myself.


Do you store books under your bed? I do! But I never thought of stacking them together on a tray. Brilliant. It's such a good way to keep them neat and organized!


With all of this good stuff, did you see anything that inspires you?

*****

all images via Pottery Barn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...