Wednesday, September 5, 2012

It's all in the Details

This past winter, I inherited a dresser that belonged to my great uncle. I had my eye on this piece for quite a while and was excited to finally call it my own. Here is a "before" picture. Sorry that you can only see the back, but at the time I was more concerned with capturing a picture of the kitty on top. I think this gives you a good idea of the original wood color, though. 


Of course I had to personalize it a bit with a few coats of black paint and some new hardware. Here is my "after" shot.


And this is where my favorite part of this transformation comes in...the charming little knobs on the top two drawers.


I think it is safe to say that Jillian and I both have a bit of a crush on the knob and drawer pull selection at Anthropologie. Over the holidays, I totally lucked out and found these adorable knobs (on sale) at Anthro and knew they had to be mine. I was even more excited when I received the dresser a few weeks later as they turned out to be a perfect fit. Yes, I am the kind of person who would buy knobs because they are too cute to pass up even though I might not have a use for them yet...

These knobs are my kind of perfection. They are ceramic so they have a nice weight to them, and in handwriting each one says, "Got to be around here somewhere." Isn't that so perfect for a dresser drawer?


I just love details like this, and for me the best part of decorating is all in the details.

*****

images by The Pink Chalkboard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...