Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Color Swatches

There is something about color (and often a rainbow of colors) that really gets me going.  I recently came across three images that are a little different, but a good reminder that sometimes art doesn't need to be so contrived.

Imagine painting a room or closet like this dressing room at a Lilly Pulitzer store in Palm Beach?

image via Lilly's Notebook

Or even making your own small work of art with various paint or makeup swipes like this bag from Kate Spade

Supercalifragilipstick Small Natalie

or this pillow cover from West Elm

Multi-Dot Pillow Cover

Simple and pretty and the kind of thing that can be done by anyone at any age.  In fact, finding these images reminded me of something I had done years ago -- I was simply testing out different ink colors and labeling them as I go -- but realized when I was done that it could be looked at as a nice piece of art.

I saved it for about 9 years thinking that one day I would do something with it.  I just came across it a few weeks ago but unfortunately, now that I'm ready to frame it and hang it up, I can't seem to find it. So frustrating! I'm hoping it will turn up at some point, though, and when it does, I'll be sure to post about it.

Until then, please make your own piece or art (and frame it before you lose it).  The colors and simplicity of something like this just makes me happy and isn't that what art should be about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...