Friday, July 1, 2011

Twirly greens and heart-shaped radishes

Last year, my husband and I planted two tomato plants and we were thrilled with our bountiful results.  This year, we were a little more ambitious and planted about a dozen vegetables.  This is very new for us but we'll see what happens.


This is our cucumber plant.  Look at those twirly greens!  



We wanted to guide the cucumber plant upwards (not sure if this is the right thing to do) and were delighted to see the way that the plant spiraled around the wire.  Isn't nature amazing?  

And speaking of delightful finds in nature, check out this print titled "You're Simply Radishing" on Etsy.


I think it's so charming.  Radishes are a part of our garden and growing heartily so far.  Wouldn't it be wonderful to pull a heart-shaped radish out of the ground in a few weeks?  I'll definitely keep you posted if I do.

In the meantime, please let me know if you have any suggestions for our vegetable garden.  Any and all suggestions would be most helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...