Friday, June 24, 2011

Mirror Clusters

I spotted this unique approach to displaying mirrors in a catalog from Soft Surroundings and I can't stop thinking about it. 



I think layering a selection of mirrors--different sizes, shapes, and frame types but all in the same color makes a striking effect on the wall. Here is a close up:

images via Soft Surroundings 

I spotted these overlapping mirrors in Anthropologie a couple of months ago and I think this works well too. I like that the frames, while both very ornate, are different here.

image by The Pink Chalkboard

Pottery Barn is also showing the layered mirror look with this trio of mirrors.

image via Pottery Barn

And while not a mirror, I just spotted this collage frame in the latest catalog from Restoration Hardware baby & child that follows the same look:

image via Restoration Hardware baby & child

(This example is actually one single frame. Brilliant!)

I love this clustering idea and I want to give it a try. I just need to start collecting mirrors...add it to my to-do list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...